Friday, June 5, 2009

He Got into a Fight with a bookshelf...



and LOST!

moments after the incident



So here's what happened...

CJ likes to pull the books off of the book shelf. It's a daily thing. The books go flying. As soon as I put them back they go flying again. Generally speaking I will leave them until he's napping or has gone to bed because otherwise that's all I'd be doing with my day is placing books back on the shelf. So today was no different. Joe, Kaitlyn, CJ and I were all in the living room. I was at the computer and Joe was watching TV. Kaitlyn was by the couch playing with CJ. I didn't actually see what happened. I heard the cry, but it wasn't a OMG Mom you have to drop what you're doing. I assumed he had just gotten tired of his sister or fell down on the floor or something. I turned around and saw him trying to stand up by the book shelf. He was sobbing I called him over to me and he came and I picked him up and he was fine. Not really knowing what had happened and since he was so easily consoled I figured he just tripped on the floor or something. Then Joe noticed his eye. He got ice which is pointless for a 19 month old. He kept fighting and pushing it away. Not much we could do. It had already swelled up pretty good. But as far as I can figure CJ tripped over the books he had pulled off of the shelf and landed face first on the book shelf. The way the mark is on his face it looks like he caught the corner.

The above two pictures were taken shortly after it happened and just before leaving for the school BBQ at 4:30 tonight. If you'd like to see how it progressed check below...

Taken around 8 p.m. (4 hours after the injury)


As you can see it's still very red, but turning very black and blue. If you'd like to see how it progresses check back. I'll take pictures of it as it goes through it's stages of healing.

And this just goes to show you, DO NOT TAKE ON A BOOKSHELF, IT WILL WIN EVERY TIME!

0 comments: