Saturday, June 13, 2009

Week In Review: June 7 - June 13, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for June 7 - June 13, 2009

Sunday: Another lazy Sunday. I did some laundry. Joe called out of work in hopes of taking the kids fishing. He didn't end up taking the kids fishing though. Couldn't find any worms. So we just hung around the house. The girls played outside for a long time though. I made dinner and got the girls in the shower. CJ started running a fever so we gave him some Tylenol and a bath and put him to bed.

Monday: Woke up and CJ was still running a slight fever. He has a cough, but nothing else really. Joe brought the girls to school and I fed CJ, but he didn't want to eat too much. Joe and I went grocery shopping and when we got home we put CJ down for a nap and he slept for a while. I left at 1 to go meet with CJ's PAT (Parents As Teachers) teacher to discuss his Ages and Stages and then to meet with the school psychologist to discuss Kaitlyn. They are both doing relatively well. I came home for a few before having to go back out and pick the girls up from school. We came home and they both did some reading and then cleaned their rooms and the porch off before going out to play again. Brought them in for a late dinner and then it was right to bed.

Tuesday: I woke up very early. Played around on he computer and got everyone ready for school. I was supposed to watch my friend's son while she went on a field trip with her daughter, but rain postponed the field trip again to Wednesday. So Joe brought the girls to school and when I put CJ down for a nap I ended up laying down for a nap too. Got up and took a shower ate lunch and got CJ up from his nap and fed. We went to Kaitlyn's PPT. That took an hour to find out that Kaitlyn doesn't qualify for special ed. Then we came home. Hung out until I had to go pick the girls up from school. Got them and sent them to do their reading and then Joe had to go to work. I made dinner and fed the kids and CJ fell asleep after dinner. So I got him ready for bed and put him to bed. The girls stayed up a little late and then I sent them to bed. I watched the rest of my Mets game (a 6-5 win by the Mets) and fell asleep on the couch. I got up around midnight and went to bed.

Wednesday: CJ was up early this time crying. So I got up and got him out of bed. Got ready and got Joe to work. Then got the girls ready and brought them to school. Picked up my friend's son while I was there to watch him for the morning. We came back home and I did a few things around the house while the two boys played. I put CJ down for a nap and turned the TV on for my friend's son. I made lunch for him which he did not eat. I got CJ up from his nap and brought my friend's son to school. We were a little late because it's been so long since I've dropped a kindergartner off at school (a whole year) and I thought he had to be there at 12:30, but it was 12:25. Oops. I went up to the office and checked on the field day shirt distribution and talked to the secretary about seeing if the gym teacher would like to use the extra shirts as prizes or something. Then I came home and fed CJ lunch and I had lunch. I went to pick the girls up at school and came home for them to do their reading. Then we went to pick Joe up from work. We came home and had dinner. I had the girls shower and CJ take a bath and then sent them all to bed. Then I stayed up and made a sign for the FRC saying save our FRC for the next day and went to bed.

Thursday: I was woken up way too early by a car alarm from the person next door. It kept going off. I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and discovered my car was missing. So I flipped out. Joe and I frantically tried to figure out what happened. This is our only vehicle and he had to get to work and it was a rainy day. So we arranged for a pick up of him and I got to deal with the car situation. Such a mess. I also had to get the girls to school and go to Meriden for a rally to save our FRCs. So I did that with my friend. It was quick. Came home and put CJ down for a nap and made a million phone calls. Found out where my car was, but we couldn't go get it and needed to come up with money to get it too. Joe got home from work and we walked to pick up the girls and my friend's daughter. We went down to talk to the FRC and let them know how the rally went. Then we started to walk home, but I noticed my friend was outside the school waiting for their other child to get out. So we figured we'd give his daughter to him, but she didn't want to go. So after many tears and her refusing to go I said well we'll take her back to our house and you can come get her after your son gets out of school. He agreed and my friend's daughter was happy with that. So we went home and the kids got to play together for a little while and then my friend came to pick up his daughter. She left willingly this time thankfully. We had a stressful day so we ordered a pizza for dinner. Had dinner and watched our recording of Wipe Out with the kids and put them to bed. Joe went to bed early and I stayed up to watch my Mets game, but fell asleep. I woke up around midnight after the game was over and realized they lost and went to bed.

Friday: Another early wake up call. Joe was called into work early. He had to find a ride though and I had to juggle a few things. I had to call the insurance company first thing in the morning pertaining to the car. A friend of mine picked the girls up for me because I was getting a ride from my health insurance company for CJ's doctor's appointment. Got them off to school and CJ and I went to the doctor. We had CJ's appointment and called for the return pick up. I got home around 11 and put CJ down for a nap. Then I had more phone calls to make and found out we could get our car. So my friend who brought the girls to school for me said she could bring us to get the car. But Joe has to be there and he gets out at 4:30. I walked to the bank to get the money we needed and then walked to pick the girls up from school. Came back home and waited for Joe to come home so we could get our car. My friend drove us to Waterbury to pick up our car. Got it without too much incident. Then we went to get something to eat and back home. The girls played outside for a little while. We put CJ to bed and brought the girls in. We watched some TV with the girls and then sent them to bed. I watched the last half an inning of the Mets game where they blew it big time. I was not happy. Went to bed sometime after 12.

Saturday: For some reason I am no longer able to sleep too much past 6:00 anymore no matter how late I go to bed. So I was the first one up and enjoying the quiet. The kids got up and immediately the fighting began. Sigh, it's going to be a long summer. I washed dishes and fed the kids breakfast. Since we have been having so much trouble getting CJ to willingly take his medicine I put it in his pediasure. That seemed to work. I looked up on the library website to see if they had a book I want to get. They don't. But I told the girls I'd take them to the library. They are doing this special thing today where the kids Read to dogs. It's supposed to help improve their literacy skills so we shall see. I showered and then brought Joe to work. Returned bottles and cans (got $13 for that which is a lot at a nickel a piece). Then we stopped at the bank and then to the library. The girls first picked out some books then we went in to read to the dogs. There were only two dogs there so we had to wait our turn. The girls read to the dogs though who were very sweet. Put up with a lot from CJ. Then we left. We came home and had lunch. CJ wasn't really interested in eating though. Before I knew it we had to go pick up Joe from work. So we got him and stopped at the liquor store to pick up a bottle of wine as a gift for my cousin's engagement party tomorrow. Then off to Walmart for diapers and wipes and a few other things we needed around the house. We came home to get a few things and planned on going to the drive in for movies. When we went to leave my car wouldn't start!!! Seriously? After all we just went through with the car I was furious that it wouldn't start. It seemed like the starter to me. Joe tried to find it, but couldn't. The kids were very upset. We were very upset. It wouldn't start at all. So I was looking around online trying to figure out if we could possibly fix it ourselves and what it would cost. If we couldn't we'd need a tow and to pay a mechanic which would kill us. We found where the starter was, but it was getting too dark to mess with it too much. I had posted of our problems on Facebook and my friend ended up calling us around 8 to see if he could help. He ended up coming over and agreed it was the starter. It was too late to go buy a new one though. He did pull the old one out and will come over tomorrow to help us get to the store to buy a new one and put it in for us. Hopefully in time for us to leave for my cousin's engagement party. He can't come over until after noon. I can't wait till the week from hell is over.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: