Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week In Review: May 31 - June 6

Here is this weeks Week In Review for May 31 - June 6, 2009

Sunday: A lazy Sunday. Joe went to work early. So it was just me and the kids until just after 2. We were going to go out and do something, but the girls didn't clean their stuff up in the kitchen after being told to numerous times. So we just stayed home. I made dinner and did a few loads of laundry. Bathed the kids and sent them to bed. Then Joe and I stayed up playing around on the computer before going to bed.

Monday: Got up and got ready to bring Joe to work. We dropped him off and then came back home. Got the girls ready for school. Brought them to school and went to the FRC to drop off CJ's Ages and Stages. Talked to them in the office for a few and then went to see if we had any more BBQ orders. Only one more order had come in. Came home and made a bunch of phone calls. Had to deal with something pertaining to one of my speeding tickets which I got resolved. Called to order hot dog rolls for Friday. E-mailed some people to confirm a few things. Put CJ down for a nap. Folded some laundry. Had lunch and fed CJ. Then we went to get the girls from school. Came home to do some homework, but Kaitlyn doesn't have anymore homework for the rest of the year. We went to pick Joe up from work and do some WIC shopping. After that we had to head over to the park to sign everyone up for swimming lessons. It was crazy how they did it with lines twisting in all directions. But all the kids are signed up for swimming in session 1 now. They start on June 22nd which is their first official day of summer break. Then we went home so we could feed the kids and I could get what I needed for my PTA meeting. I left for my meeting. We finished early. Joe was going over my VP's house to help her boyfriend cut some meat. So I called to see if he was still there. He was so I went over there. We stayed there for about half an hour before going home. Put the kids to bed and I had something to eat. Watched some TV then went to bed.

Tuesday: Got up early. CJ was up too. The girls even got ready quickly it was amazing. Joe took the car to work. I walked the kids to school. Came home and replied to some e-mails. Played some blocks with CJ. Put him down for a nap a little late. I finally got a price for my cousins wedding cruise next May and was not happy. I need to find a better price. I went to take a shower and CJ got up shortly after I got out of the shower. I fed him lunch. Cleaned him all up because he was sticky. Played some more blocks with CJ. Cleaned off a griddle that I had borrowed for the Pancake Poetry. Joe called to say he was late and I was expecting him to be home so we could go to the school to get the girls. I changed CJ and waited for Joe to come. He came and got the griddle to return. We got to school in time somehow. Gave the griddle back and went up to the office to check if we had any more BBQ orders. We had a few more. Came home and Natalie did homework. Cleaned up the living room. Washed dishes and started dinner while the kids went out to play. Had dinner made the girls take a shower and sent them to bed. Stayed up and watched the Mets lose another game. Stayed up a little while longer before going to bed.

Wednesday: Got up and got everyone ready for school. Joe took the car so I walked the kids in. Then CJ and I came back home. We had a lazy day. I made a few phone calls finalizing things for Friday's BBQ, but other than that not much else. I walked to pick the girls up from school. Much to my surprise it was drizzling. It felt nice though. Got to the school and went up to check the PTA mailbox for more fundraiser orders. There were a few more. Got the girls and we walked home. Joe was pulling up the street just as we were turning onto the street. So he helped me got the kids in the house and the stroller up the stairs. Natalie did her homework and Kaitlyn did some reading. We had dinner and the kids argued with us about going to bed. They wanted to stay up to watch Wipe Out. We were recording it though so we sent them to bed at the normal time. Joe and I stayed up a little while longer watching some TV before going to bed ourselves.

Thursday: Got up too early. Did some stuff on the computer and broke up some fights between the girls. Joe brought them to school while I stayed and fed CJ his breakfast. He ended up dumping that on the floor so I cleaned that up and put some dishes away. I tried to clean up the kitchen a bit, but CJ was having nothing to do with that. After putting him down for a nap I showered. Then I counted some money I needed to deposit into the PTA account. We ordered a pizza for lunch. CJ got up just before the pizza arrived. We ate lunch and since the sun was coming out Joe decided to take the car to work. So I walked to pick up the girls again. We came home and it was homework and then I made them clean up the rest of the kitchen (most of it was their garbage and toys left on the table anyways). I washed dishes and made dinner (pancakes since Joe wasn't home and he hates breakfast for dinner). After dinner I told the girls to put their toys away in the living room. CJ was very cranky so I ended up changing him and putting him to bed early. I let the girls stay up a little late before sending them to bed. Then I sorted some laundry and threw a load in the wash. Joe came home from work and I straightened up the living room. Only time I can do it without having everything pulled out right behind me. I washed the dinner dishes and vegged a little before finally going to bed.

Friday: Got up and showered and got the kids ready to go. Fed everyone and dressed them. Joe brought me and the girls to the school. Then he left to go pick up a grill we had purchased and I stayed at the school and met my PTA VP. We went to the office and waited for any last minute BBQ orders to come in. We got a few more. Then we went to our closet to get our last Avon order out to give it to someone who was giving it to it's owner. Cleared some space in the closet for the field day shirts and we left to go shopping. We went to Sams Club and got everything we needed for the BBQ. On the way back to the school we stopped at the ice cream shop to pick up the ice cream sandwiches. We got to the school and emptied the car. Put everything in the fridge and freezer. The PTA treasurer was there after having gotten the field day shirts so we decided to go ahead and sort and distribute the shirts to the classrooms. After completing that task we locked up and left. My VP brought me home. Where I finally had something to eat. I got a phone call from a parent at the school claiming to never have gotten the BBQ paper and wanted to pay at the door. I explained to her that we weren't dealing with any money at the door, but offered to allow her to come pay at the end of the school day. She said she would and I called my VP to try to figure out where we were getting the extra hot dogs. Then I went back to the school to pick up the girls. Talked to the office and let them know what was going on. Since I didn't reach my VP on her phone I found her at pick up and we squared everything up. The grill was delivered without charcoal so I had to run to the store to pick up another bag of charcoal. Got that and came home for a little while before having to go back to the school. CJ ended up falling and hitting his eye on the corner of the bookshelf. He was okay though. We went to the school for 4:30 and set up for the BBQ. Bad weather forced us indoors for the 3rd year in a row. We still had a nice turn out though. The kids had fun. We came home around 8. Put CJ to bed and let the girls stay up to watch our recording of Wipe Out then they went to bed. I caught up on my e-mails from the day and edited some pictures.

Saturday: Got up at my usual time. Checked on CJ's eye. Was relieved to see it hadn't swollen shut. Fed him breakfast and played around on the computer. The girls got up slowly. Got them some breakfast and sent them to clean their room. I spent the rest of the day playing catch up on my soaps. CJ didn't take much of a nap so he was pretty cranky by the end of the night. He fell asleep in his highchair after dinner. So we put him to bed. We let the girls stay up a little late before finally sending them to bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: