Saturday, June 20, 2009

Week In Review: June 14 - June 20, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for June 14 - June 20, 2009

Sunday: Got up and cleaned. Did some laundry, washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen and living room. Fed the kids breakfast and once the living room was vacuumed we put CJ down for a nap. I went to take a shower. While I was in there our friends came over to help Joe replace the starter in my van. I got the kids showered and bathed while they were over and ready to go as soon as the starter was replaced. It took about an hour to get it done. We thanked our friends and they left. Then we headed out to go to my cousin's engagement party. We had a nice time there seeing family. After the party we went home. We took some leftovers from the party which we fed the kids for dinner. They stayed up and watched some TV and then went to bed. Joe and I stayed up a little while longer before going to bed too.

Monday: Woke up very sore from a fall down the stairs I had Sunday. Had to continue my day though. Got the kids ready for school. Joe brought them in. I got CJ changed and dressed. We brought Joe to work. Came home and I put CJ down for a nap. Then I got prepared for meeting with Kaitlyn's teacher later that day. Had lunch and got CJ up for lunch. Then we went to school where I met with Kaitlyn's teacher about her Literacy Action Plan. After that meeting was over I went down to the gym where both of the girls were being awarded for being outstanding students. I got to take them home early. We came home and then had to go pick Joe up from work at 4. We got Joe and came back home. The chicken that I planned on making for dinner was bad so we had to go back out to get something to eat. Came home and it was almost time for the kids to go to bed. So we got them ready and sent them to bed. Then I spent the rest of the night with the heating pad on my very sore back. Even tried a bath, but I was still sore. All I could do was try to get some sleep.

Tuesday: I was woken up by CJ charging into my room. It was time to get up and get the girls ready for their last full day of school. Joe brought them to school and I gave CJ his medicine. My back was still sore so I took the opportunity of a quiet day to take it easy. Joe had a doctor's appointment. He went to that while I put CJ down for a nap. Joe got home around lunch time. We had lunch and CJ got up from his nap and I fed him lunch. I picked the girls up from school and then we brought Joe to work. We hung around until we had to bring Natalie to Chili's for her dinner with her teacher. At the beginning of the year he told the kids he'd take them to Chili's if they get all of their math tests right. Natalie was the only one who did that, but her teacher gave the rest of the students a second opportunity. They had a test with all of their multiplication facts and whoever got all of them right got to join Natalie. Well, eight more students got it right so half of the class was joining the teacher at Chili's. We left Natalie there and came home to have dinner (just me and the two little ones). Then we picked Natalie up at 7. Joe got out of work at 9, but luckily he got a ride home. I was able to put the kids to bed at their normal time and watch my baseball game. A Mets win!

Wednesday: Got up and Joe wasn't feeling well. We debated about what to do. He couldn't call out of work it was too late. I was taking the car to go to field day. My back was still sore and I didn't want to walk the girls to school and then down to the field and all around field day and back to the school and back home. Joe said I could take the car. He was going to try to stay for half a day. Which is exactly what he did. I had to go pick him up at noon. So I brought the girls to school and met two of my PTA officers. We all went down to the field and took tons of pictures of our children participating in field day. I had to leave before they were done though to go pick Joe up from work. He was still feeling awful. Came home and he made him self something to eat. CJ was wiped so I put him down for a nap. I had to go pick something up from my mom at work. So I left CJ with Joe napping and went and got the girls from school and then drove down to my moms work. Came back got CJ and went to the bank so Joe could rest. Came home with the kids and waited for Joe to get up to figure out what to do about dinner. We had Subway. Joe was feeling better. The kids showered and bathed and went to bed. I stayed up working on some pictures from the day.

Thursday: Another day Joe woke up not feeling well. Thankfully he didn't have to work today. I brought the kids to school. Stopped to pick up my friend's kids so she didn't have to walk them in the rain. Came home and hung out. CJ was very hold me so there wasn't too much I could do. I put him down for a nap and went to the school a little early to take a picture of Kaitlyn's class and do a few other things. Got the girls and my friend's children because it was raining and she didn't have a car. I brought them home and then me and the girls went home. We had lunch and then went grocery shopping. I needed to get some pictures developed so we also went to do that and ended up picking up a few other things. We came home and put everything away and had dinner. Then we worked on the gifts for the girls teachers. I sent them to bed and finished up their projects. I showered and went to bed.

Friday: Got up and got the kids ready for school. Had to find something to put the mugs for their teachers in. Once I did we ran out the door in a rush. Got the girls to school and took some pictures. Then we went to my friend's house to pick up her two kids who we were watching for the morning while she went to her older daughters middle school graduation. We then went to Target and picked up a few things. Then before we knew it it was time to get my friend's son to kindergarten. So we dropped him off and came back home. CJ took a very short nap. We had some lunch and then went to pick everyone up at school. This was their last day. The kids both passed to their next grade. After lots of pictures and tearful goodbyes and a few laughs we came home. The kids played outside for a few before my friend came to pick up her two. Then we went in and fed the kids lunch. After that Joe took the girls fishing and CJ and I took a nap. When they came home we ended up going out for a special dinner. Then to the store for some soda that went on sale today and back home to watch some movies. We put CJ to bed and let the girls watch their movie. Joe and I played Scrabble. I was feeling lousy so after sending the girls to bed Joe played on the computer while I laid down on the couch and fell asleep.

Saturday: Got up after a rough night to CJ barging into my room. We fed the kids breakfast and I took it easy. After putting CJ down for a nap Joe and I watched our movie. Then when that was over CJ got up from his nap and we had lunch. Then Joe went to work and the kids went into their room to play and I took a little nap on the couch. After waking up I washed dishes and made dinner. Joe came home from work and we watched Wipe Out with the girls and then sent them to bed.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: