Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer is Here!

Today was Natalie and Kaitlyn's last day of school. They have both passed to the next grade. So I am now the mom of a 2nd grader and a 5th grader. I can't believe this is going to be Natalie's last year at O'Connell school. It has gone by fast.

The girls each made a mug for their teachers and a picture board of pictures I've taken this year. Both of their teachers loved it.

I don't really know what else to say about the day. A picture says a thousand words so I'll let the pictures do the talking for me...

Kaitlyn and her teacher after giving her the gifts


Natalie and her teacher after giving him his gifts


My friend's son and daughter on her sons last day of Kindergarten


Couldn't forget about CJ


There goes Spencer on his last day of Kindergarten with his substitute teacher


Kaitlyn officially a 2nd grader


All year long Natalie's teacher, Mr. Stafford, had wanted to play connect the dots with Natalie's freckles. He finally got his chance. I offered him a marker and he really drew on her. Now before you go saying I'm a mean mom or anything like that Natalie totally enjoyed every second of it and she now refuses to wash her face. I promise it's a washable marker and it is very faded.



See she still loves him...
Natalie saying her final goodbye to Mr. Stafford as a 5th grader now


Natalie with her straight A report card! She did not want to smile because she's very sad to be leaving the 4th grade


We had a nice day. Kaitlyn seems excited to be moving on. Natalie was all for having stayed back. Too bad she's a straight A student. She's really been taking today hard. I am trying to get her teacher's contact information so she can stay in touch with him over the summer since this has been so hard on her.

0 comments: