Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday to My 1st Born

Dear Natalie,
Wow, 10 years old. How can that be? Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital. It has gone by in a flash and I know these next 10 years of your life will go by so fast too. So I just want to tell you now how amazing I think you are.

You have overcome some hurdles in your life. You were slow to talk and with some help you overcame that. Very determined to accomplish what needed to be done. And since then you have truly excelled. You've really begun to come out of your shell. You remind me a lot of myself when I was 10 years old, but you are much braver than I ever was. When you really want to you just take the bull by the horns and do what needs to be done. You might be scared at first, but you try not to let that stop you.

I really see a bright future for you. Whatever you want to do you can do.

You are a great big sister. You might not always get along with your sister, but I know you are always looking out for her. Kaitlyn and CJ really look up to you and I really couldn't ask for a better role model for them. You might not always like that that emulate you so much, but you really should be honored.

I know that I haven't always done right by you. I will forever stride to be better for you. You deserve the best. One thing I hope you always remember though is that I will always love you with all of my heart. You are my mini me. We butt heads a lot, but I always always love you.

I have enjoyed these first 10 years of your life. You have taught me so much. I look forward to many more years of being your mother and learning something new from you everyday.

I love you my sweet baby Natalie!

Love,
Mommy

0 comments: