Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh no What Have I Done to Her?

I am a planner. In my head I always have something going on. I might not act on it until the last minute, but I have things thought out in my head.

Birthday parties are my thing. I love planning parties for the kids. I do have a tendency while planning one party to find other things that might be fun for sometime in the future.

Natalie and Kaitlyn's birthdays are 11 days apart. So years ago I really started getting into party planning well in advance because I possibly had two parties to plan. I'm always checking the month of April to figure out when Easter is going to be to decide if I'm doing one joint party for them or two separate parties for them.

So years ago it was pretty much Christmas was over and I started seriously thinking about birthday parties. Do I want to do it at the house? Do I want to take them somewhere? If I take them somewhere then where? Well, that depends on cost too. So I research. This goes on for a few months where I go back and forth until I have to figure it out sometime around mid March for sure. And then I'm full force in party planning mode for a month.

Now over time I have become more busy. The kids are older now and can help with a lot of the stuff. I have a lot going on so I've pulled back a lot. I still love throwing that big bash. However up until mid March this year I wasn't even entirely planning on having a party for the girls. We were supposed to be moving to TN before their birthdays so there wasn't much point in planning a party. I figured we'd just go out to dinner or something small on each of their special days. All that had to change though so now I'm in party planning mode. I haven't entirely gotten into it I would say.

But Kaitlyn is my driving force right now. She tells me whenever we go to the store mommy you need to get stuff for my cupcakes or my cake. Okay Kaitlyn, that can wait until next week. Her birthday is a week from Saturday. She'll tell me what she wants on her cake (all sorts of things I can never do in a million years). She wants me to put Tinkerbell on her cupcakes for school. She was not happy when I said I couldn't do that and offered to put pixie dust on instead. She has since decided that magic pixie dust is a good compromise though, thankfully. Yesterday she informed me that I HAVE to start baking her cupcakes for school on the 8th. Well, she is right. She'll bring them in on the 9th since her birthday is on the 11th which is a Saturday and the 10th is Good Friday so there's no school.

I think I might have created a monster though. This could be a good thing because she's keeping me on task with it so I get everything done that needs to be done. And next Saturday when her party is all over and the guests have left I'm sure she'll be giving me some ideas for next years party ;).

0 comments: