Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week In Review: April 12 - April 18, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for April 12 - April 18, 2009

Sunday: Easter! It was a nice day. We invited Joe's sister over, but she didn't come. That's okay, we had a good time without them. You can read all about the day here. After our dinner and a walk we just spent the evening watching our movies. We got Yes Man and Horton Hears a Who. We only got to watch Yes Man. That was okay. I think Joe liked it more than I did.

Monday: Got up at the regular time. We ended up going out to bring some stuff back to Walmart and go to the bank. Then we went to get an early lunch. We came home and grabbed some stuff to play with at the park. I called my friend who's daughter we told could come over to play at our house today to set something up. We met her and her four children at the park. We played for a while. Then we took two of her children (the older two) back to our house. They played Nintendo and we had dinner. Then we walked them home and came back to watch Horton Hears a Who which wasn't as long as we thought it would be. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it looked like it was cute. If you want to see pictures and some video from that day check it out here. It was a nice way to start off the April vacation. Joe has to work the rest of the week though so I don't know how much going out we'll actually do. I'm hoping it warms up a little more this week.

Tuesday: Wow, I got to sleep in today. The kids didn't get up until 9. I fed CJ and cleaned up the kitchen and living room. Then I put CJ down for a nap. He woke up just in time for lunch. I fed him lunch and was getting ready for his therapist to come over when I tripped on the step stool and fell into the bath tub. I hurt myself pretty badly. I'm very sore. His therapist came over with a speech therapist and did an evaluation on him. It doesn't look like he qualifies to continue services after May for speech. And the rest of the testing isn't entirely clear yet. His therapist will let me know. He's probably at age level though. I think the therapy is good for him and worry about him falling behind again. Although, it probably would be good if he weren't getting it anymore too. That would mean we fixed everything. But after the therapists left I hung around taking it easy licking my wounds. We had leftovers for dinner. Kaitlyn got too out of hand and wasn't listening after dinner and got sent to bed early. CJ got nice and cozy on Natalie's lap and fell asleep. I couldn't get him up off the floor to put him in his crib though so I left him there until Joe came home from work. We watched TV together and then went to bed.

Wednesday: I'm still very sore from my terrible fall yesterday. CJ was up at usual time. Joe was off to work. The girls slept in. So things were quiet. The girls finally woke up around 9. We laid low all day. Just stayed home and took it easy because of how sore I was. Joe got home around 5. I washed dishes and cooked dinner and then we all watched this recording of the Amazing Race we had from Sunday. Then we put CJ to bed and the girls stayed up and watched House with us. We put them to bed and I ended up falling asleep on the couch. I got up and went to bed, but Joe was having a twitchy night and I had a headache so I took some pain reliever and slept on the couch.

Thursday: Got up when Joe got up to go to work. Sleeping on the couch wasn't my best idea. I woke up all stiff. My bruises feel better. I was going to go back to bed for a few, but I stayed up on the computer and then CJ woke up wailing. So I got him out. He walked into my room and I followed. I picked him up and we had some cuddle time in bed. It's been a while since he's sat still long enough to actually cuddle like that. It didn't last forever though. He got up and was ready to eat. So I fed him breakfast and his sisters got up shortly after. We hung around and CJ took a nap. Joe got home from work while I was in the shower. He fed them lunch and then CJ woke up from his nap. CJ and I ate and everyone got dressed and we went for a walk. When we got back the girls wanted to play outside. So we left them out there to play. And they played outside nicely for about 2 hours. Then we went to get something to eat and then went to the carnival. That was lots of fun for the kids. We were there for 2 hours. We went to the dollar store to buy some glow sticks and came home and filled some balloons with helium and let them go outside in the dark. I haven't heard of any plane crashes so I guess we didn't cause any problems. I called my mom to tell her this weekend wasn't going to work for them to have the girls all weekend, but they can still come up for lunch on Sunday. She wasn't too pleased, but at least we did not fight and so far they are still coming over on Sunday. Then we sent the girls to bed (CJ was already asleep after the carnival) and Joe and I relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Friday: I guess we really wore the kids out at the carnival because everyone slept in until 9. I was woken up as usual by my alarm known as CJ. So I got up and fed everyone breakfast. Then I was trying to figure out what to do for Natalie's birthday party invitations. I came up with what I wanted to do and Natalie agreed with it. So I took Natalie out shopping with me to get a few things we needed. I found a guitar shaped cake pan at AC Moore so I went there to get that. Then we went to Walmart for some glitter glue and gel pens and Hannah Montana stickers. Next to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for lunch on Sunday and tonight's dinner of a Pizza Bubble Ring. Came home and put everything away. CJ got up from his nap. So I fed everyone lunch. Joe got called into work early so he'll be leaving at a little before 3 instead of a little before 5 now. After everyone was fed including myself I got to work on those invitations. Joe left for work and I washed dishes and cooked dinner. It took a little longer to make than I anticipated, but it doesn't help when you have a 17 month old at your feet. He actually ended up falling asleep on my feet while I was cooking. Everyone ate and I cleaned up after dinner. My mom called to find out what size the girls wear so I told her. Looks like they are still planning on coming over on Sunday. I'm shocked. My brother called me drunk and at the bar like usual. That's the only time he ever calls me is when he's completely wasted. Then again he's probably always completely wasted. Joe got home from work, the girls went to bed, and I watched the end of the Mets game. They won it in the bottom of the 9th 5-4.

Saturday: Another day where I wasn't up at 7 a.m. I hope I don't get too used to this. CJ was the first one up at 8:30. Joe got up with him, but I got up shortly after too. Then the girls got up. We fed them breakfast and I sent the girls to clean their room. Then I started on the two weeks of laundry I haven't been doing. Meanwhile CJ fell back to sleep on Joe's shoulder. So after half an hour of him dozing on Joe he was getting a little uncomfortable so I had to get the girls out of their room so I could put CJ down for a nap. I continued working on the laundry and put the finishing touches on Natalie's invitations. Had lunch and surprisingly CJ still napped. We had to wake him up. He wasn't too interested in eating. I'm getting a little worried that he's coming down with something. He's walking around and playing though. I continued with my loads and loads of laundry and watched the last two innings of the Mets game. Very pleased to see another Mets win. I got dishes washed and dinner started (just leftovers) and fed the kids. Did some more of that laundry. Put the kids to bed. Cleaned the bathroom and dishes again. Did more laundry. Joe came home from work and we watched a little TV together.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: