Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week In Review: March 29 - April 4, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for March 29 - April 4, 2009

Sunday: I was lazy for the first half of the day. Still trying to catch up on my soaps. I made a pork roast for dinner. After dinner I ran a bath for the girls and washed the dinner dishes. Then I did a load of laundry. I went through CJ's clothes and got rid of some of the stuff that is too small for him. When the girls got out of the tub I ran a bath for CJ. Then we put the kids to bed and I went and cleaned out my bedroom closet. I got rid of clothes that either don't fit me or I just don't wear anymore. That was a little depressing. One of the skirts I had in my closet was the skirt I was wearing when Joe proposed to me. Is it sad that I remember that? Anyways I don't think I'll ever be that size again so I decided to get rid of it. I am giving it to the FRC's tag sale they are having this week. Joe realized that we are getting a free preview of Starz this week and Ghost Rider came on at 9:00. So he watched that. I wasn't too interested in that so I continued doing laundry and played on the computer. Then I showered and went to bed.

Monday: A hard morning to get up. I had woke up at four in the morning with an ear ache so it was hard to fall back to sleep. So when 7 rolled around and the girls were up and making all sorts of noise I had to drag myself out of bed. Got everyone ready for school. Put the stuff for the FRC tag sale in the car. Got the cash box ready for the book fair and brought the kids to school. Went down to the book fair and discovered some books were $3.99 which meant we needed pennies which I didn't have in the cash box. So I ran home to get some of that. I checked out some of the books at the book fair. I'm not too sure we'll be using Scholastic again. We'll see how it goes, but the prices were a little higher than we would have had them if we had shopped for the books ourselves. We chatted with the ladies in the FRC for a few and they want to hire me to make pancakes sometime in April. I definitely could use the extra $150 so I told them no problem. It's nice that they think of me. We then went to the grocery store. Spent way too much money, but I had to stock up on meat. Came home and put CJ down for a nap. Had to wake him up to feed him lunch. Wrote a letter to the principal about Kaitlyn. Got a phone call from the doctor that I could schedule the girl's physicals for sometime in August so got those scheduled. Went to pick the girls up from school. We then went to find a tea set for Kaitlyn's birthday party. We found a tea pot with roses on it and some cups and saucers which have flowers. Not matching the tea pot, but whatever Kaitlyn likes it and it only cost me $13. The children didn't want tacos for dinner so Thursday nights dinner of a hot italian sub got moved up to today. So a nice quick dinner while the kids did their homework. They went to play in their room and CJ came out with a lolly pop. I asked the girls about it and I got lies from Kaitlyn and a huge attitude from Natalie so they were sent to bed early. Then I spent the night mentally preparing myself for my crazy Tuesday.

Tuesday: My day pretty much went exactly how I said it would in this post. The only difference was in the evening I met with the principal during the book fair for about fifteen minutes to discuss Kaitlyn. The book fair is going great and I had 31 of the 63 Avon orders picked up too. So just about half of them with two more pick up days to go.

Wednesday: Brought Joe to work in the morning. Came home to shower and get the kids ready for school. Natalie pushed Kaitlyn because she wanted to use a new utensil we bought the other day. Yeah, I don't get that. So Natalie then had to clean up CJ's Cherrios that he threw on the floor. Then we left for school. CJ had playgroup. It was outside on the playground today. He wasn't too sure about walking on the wood chips. He finally started climbing up the playscape though and even went down a slide. He got stuck in the middle, but he was ready to do it again. It was time to go in though for snack, craft, and a story. Then it was time to go. I went upstairs to talk to the principal about Kaitlyn, but he wasn't in his office. So CJ and I came home. I put CJ down for his nap and washed some laundry. I made lunch for the girls and woke CJ up from his nap. I fed him lunch and then we went to the school to work the book fair and hand out Avon. We were swamped today. The Avon orders didn't get picked up as well as they did the night before. I'm worried I lost at least one. It's possible the person came and picked up without speaking to me. It was hard even with two extra people to keep track of it both. I am hoping that's the case and I am hoping they don't say it wasn't picked up because if they do we are out the money. I spoke to the principal about Kaitlyn and he's going to schedule a PPT for her. We left the school at 4. We had to pick Joe up from work at 4:30 so I just went right there and picked up something for dinner. Then we came home and the kids started their homework. I started cooking dinner. We ate and then I told the girls to clean their room. They had a meltdown and had a bunch of their toys taken away from them until they can prove that they can act their age. Once they got their room clean we sent them to bed. Everyone was really over tired. Joe and I watched Marley and Me. I wish I could say uninterrupted, but CJ wouldn't go to sleep. So he watched a little with us. It was a great movie and I'm so glad we didn't see it on Christmas day when it came out. I wouldn't have been able to watch the whole thing then.

Thursday: I was up early, before everyone. Although, I didn't get too much free time. Quickly everyone got up. We had to bring Joe to work again. Then we came home, had breakfast, I caught up on dishes, and then off to school. I brought the cash box down to the book fair and it's a good thing too because neither one of my officers who were working today were there yet. So I had to hang around. I talked to someone in the FRC about me helping out with the April/May RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) program. I'm going to be paid to make pancakes with the kids, woohoo. So I need to come up with an invoice for that. I bought books finally for the kids from the book fair so maybe they can stop bugging me. Oh, who am I kidding they'll still bug me about buying more books. I think $40 on books is more than enough though. Besides, Natalie had a $15 voucher she already spent on books for reading the most minutes in the school (over 6000 minutes, way to go Natalie!). Kaitlyn had a $5 voucher so they both already bought themselves some books. They should be well stocked now. I found my missing Avon order. It was all school staff not communicating with the one person (me) they should be communicating with. And it's not like I'm not easily found or reached either. So that was a load off my shoulders. We came home and CJ went down for his nap. Then it was back for 1 to pick up the girls from school (another half day schedule). I brought them home and they had lunch and did their homework. Then we picked Joe up from work. Afterwards the girls played outside for a little while. Then we went out to grab a quick bite to eat to go to the book fair. We worked the book fair from 6-8. I also had Natalie's conference which was great. We came home and put the kids to bed. Then we watched TV and went to bed.

Friday: Got up this morning to find out that Natalie couldn't find her PAWS shirt. They are having a Calypso at school and were supposed to wear their PAWS shirt. So she had to wear last years shirt instead. I brought the girls to school and did the final day of the book fair. We were only open for 45 minutes because Scholastic was coming to pick up the books. So we had to pack up the books and then put the library back together. They left three women (me, my VP, and Treasurer) to lift tables and chairs and put them all back. So I hurt my back. I came home and watched our recording of the final episode of ER. It's sad that that's over. We were interrupted before we could even really start watching the final episode though by a phone call. Joe's brother called because the home their grandmother is in was trying to reach their sister. Their grandmother is not doing too well. While we were waiting to hear more news about Joe's grandmother I got a few calls about our Avon Fundraiser. One wanted to come to my house to pick up the Avon which I said okay to. Then another one called from the school and had put her order in a student's order. That student had actually put the orders in herself so I knew a parent wasn't coming to pick it up and all of her orders were from staff. So I ran to the school to get those orders out and spoke to the principal about our book fair. It looks like we did an awesome job. We should get at least $1000 from it which we are going to split with the principal. Then when I came home Joe had heard more about his grandmother and he wanted to go down there to see her. So he called out of work, I called the parent who was to pick up a fundraiser to cancel that, and once the girls got out of school we headed down there. We got there about 4:30 and two of his sisters were already there. Joe's brother and nephew then showed up and finally his sisters kids came there so it was a crowded room. She hung in there while the kids played and all. We ended up leaving at 7:30. Joe said his goodbyes and told her it was okay to just let go. We went out to the car and Joe's nephew was still there so we chatted with him for a few. Then we went to get something to eat and finally home to bed. It was a long day.

Saturday: Joe's grandmother made it through the night I guess. We didn't get any phone calls during the night. CJ was up at usual time even though he went to bed so late. So I got up with him. When Joe got up he called his sister to check on his grandmother and she made it through the night. So he went to work. When he came home we got ready to go to the Penny Auction. It's always so much fun. Tonight I was ready to walk out of there though because Joe was such a huge crank. We stuck around though, but didn't win anything. It was another late night though. We came home and sent the kids to bed. No phone calls from Joe's family about his grandmother so I guess she has made it another day.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

1 comments:

Quetzaltzin said...

And speaking of “Reading Is Fundamental” (the nation’s oldest and largest children and families’ literacy nonprofit organization—more at RIF.org)…

Did you know that Reading Is Fundamental and US Airways launched the 2009 Read with Kids Challenge? Read with kids and win great prizes. Visit www.RIF.org/readwithkids

Hope this information is useful!

Layla