Friday, April 3, 2009

Straight A's

Natalie has accomplished something in school I was never able to do. She got straight A's this marking period. I met with her teacher last night and he really believes the sky's the limit for her. She's reading at grade level and maybe a little above. The only thing holding her back there is she doesn't challenge herself. So we're going to work on that by reading some more challenging books together.

Her teacher was telling me that he wished he had 19 more students just like her. He sees her having a very bright future. He is going to a high school graduation this year of one of his former students who was the top of the class and that child is still the top of the class. Getting a full ride to college. So that very easily could be Natalie. Oh, that would be so awesome. Just thinking about it gives me shivers. I know she's smart and a hard worker, but hearing it from her teacher that he really thinks she will shine in whatever she does is just amazing!

Not only is Natalie a straight A student, but out of the almost 400 students in the entire school Natalie has read the most minutes of everyone. She read over 6000 minutes from the beginning of the school year until March. And in all honesty I know she's read even more than that because she doesn't write down every time she reads. She reads to her brother and sister all the time too. I love that she enjoys reading so much. It has been a week filled with great pride in my oldest daughter. I'm proud of them all, but Natalie has really shined this week. She totally rocks!

1 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Way to go Natalie!!! Keep up the good work! :)