Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week In Review: April 5 - April 11, 2009

Here is this weeks Week In Review for April 5 - April 11, 2009

Sunday: Woohoo, I got to sleep in until 8:30. I got up and fed CJ. Then Natalie got up and Kaitlyn so I sent them to clean their very messy room. I washed some sheets. Then I started on the weekly laundry. My back still really hurts from last Friday. I need to get things much cleaner for Kaitlyn's birthday party and Easter next Sunday. So I'm working through the pain. I cleaned up the kitchen. We had tacos for dinner. Then CJ had a bath and the girls took a shower and they went to bed.

Monday: Got up and got the kids off to school. Joe brought them in for me. I took a shower and got dressed. Then at 10:00 we had to go to the school to meet with the school psychologist about Kaitlyn. We filled out some paperwork for a parent referral and then scheduled a date for her PPT. We are meeting this Wednesday. I gave the principal the total amount of cash we had from the book fair. Then we left and went to the bank. Then we went to the Salvation Army to look for a table and chairs. We couldn't find anything. So we went to Walmart where we got the basket fillers for the kids Easter baskets. We also picked up some chairs for our table to hopefully accommodate all of our company this weekend. Then we went to Toys R Us to find a Silvermist costume for Kaitlyn. They only had them in one size and it was too small for Kaitlyn. We found some more Tinkerbell stuff for her though that she doesn't have. Then we went to the mall to go to the Disney store. There I was able to find a dress (actually I think it's a nightgown) that she can wear for her party on Saturday. I wasn't about to spend the $40 though that they wanted for the Silvermist costume. I found something that I think she's going to love though for half the price. So that worked. Then we brought all the stuff home to hide before going back to the school to pick the girls up. We got the girls and went to the grocery store to get some things we needed as well as the makings for lasagna (Kaitlyn's birthday dinner). We came home. I put the groceries away and then I worked on my PTA agenda. Got everything all figured out for that and left Joe to feed the kids while I went to my meeting. Had a nice meeting, but found out the teacher I wanted Kaitlyn to have in 2nd grade is retiring. So I am bummed. Came home, ate something, and watched a little TV before going to bed.

Tuesday: Don't you hate when you wake up and have no idea what day it is? That was me today. Another school day though. So I got the kids up and ready for school. Got them there and then worked on cleaning up the apartment. My Avon lady came by to bring me an order she so kindly put in early for me to have for Kaitlyn's birthday. Got her a Tinkerbell clock and Tinkerbell wall clings. So up her alley and will be perfect for her birthday. CJ went down for his nap which made cleaning a little easier at least. Had the living room all picked up and ready to be vacuumed. So I used my brand new vacuum, but it wasn't working. Natalie used it for her room last weekend and I told her not to break it. Turns out she clogged it. I guess that's my fault since I didn't check to make sure her room was ready to be vacuumed. I found out afterwards it definitely was not ready and this clog confirmed it. So Joe had to take the vacuum apart to get the clog out. Once he did all was good though. My vacuum worked again. I vacuumed and finished just in time for CJ's therapist to knock on the door. She was here for an hour and left and my living room was trashed again. And before I knew it, it was time to pick the girls up from school. Got them home and started on homework and Joe went to work. I tried to clean up some more, but everything I cleaned up CJ seemed to be right behind me pulling it back out. Grrr, so I started dinner. While cooking dinner CJ started pushing the garbage can around the kitchen. He then knocked it over along with all of it's contents. So I had to have Natalie distract him so I could clean that up. Somehow I got dinner on the table and everyone enjoyed it. Then I plopped down on the couch in utter exhaustion. Got the kids ready for bed and put them to bed and then vegged in front of the computer. Joe came home from work and we watched some TV. I finished up my laundry and took a shower. I still do not have a clean apartment and am stressing about how it will ever get clean in time for Saturday. This is going to be a loooong week.

Wednesday: Playgroup day. We got up and brought Joe to work. Then I got the kids ready for school and brought them there and CJ and I to playgroup. It was an Easter theme. We made some bunny ears which CJ wouldn't wear. Oh well, I guess he's had enough with stuff on his head. My friend had a doctor's appointment today so she brought her kids to playgroup for me to watch for her. So when playgroup was over I brought them back to my house. They were great. Allowed me to put CJ down for a nap and they played nicely for about 40 minutes before their mom showed up. They each drew me a very nice picture too which I added to my wall of art in the kitchen. They left and we had snow flurries. Ummmm, did the weather not get the memo that it's April and spring? Guess not. I went to pick Joe up from work and we came home and had lunch. Then we went to the school for Kaitlyn's PPT. That went well. When it was done there was only like 15 minutes till the girls got out of school so we stuck around. Got the girls and then went to the store to return bottles and cans and bought the food for Kaitlyn's party on Saturday. Came home, did homework, dinner, dishes, and then I started on Kaitlyn's cupcakes after everyone went off to bed. They are the perfect cupcakes for a little girl who loves Tinkerbell. Chocolate cupcakes with light green frosting (her favorite color) and purple pixie dust (sugar crystals). She's going to love them. I watched bits and pieces of the Mets game while I was making her cupcakes. And I was pleased to see that the Mets pulled out a win in this nail biter and are 2-0 on the season. And Kaitlyn's cupcakes came out Pixie-licious!

Thursday: Morning came too soon. Especially considering around 10 the night before a certain little boy didn't want to be asleep anymore. I think he finally went back to sleep around midnight which isn't bad, but when you're waiting and listening for him to wake again it makes for a very difficult nights sleep. Kaitlyn is pleased with her cupcakes though. She says they are beautiful. Joe was in work early today so he took the car. I had to walk the girls to school. That's okay, I could use the exercise and the weather wasn't bad. I came home and fed CJ. He fell asleep in his high chair. So I took him out and put him down for a nap. I procrastinated on the computer actually cleaning. I did manage to fold some laundry though. Then I got CJ up from his nap around noon and got him dressed and ready to walk back to the school for an FRC Advisory board meeting. It was a short, but sweet meeting. We came back home and I put the Mets game on. Joe got home from work. I put together a box to ship for an ebay auction and then Joe and I went to the school to pick the girls up. We went to the post office to mail the box and then Iparty and finally Walmart to get the last of the party supply stuff we needed. While we were out I found out the Mets lost their first game of the season. Now they are off to FL who is undefeated so far. Then we came home and Joe cleaned off the porch and I got the boxes out of the kitchen. We went out to get Subway for dinner and came home to eat it. I made the girls clean their room which they argued with me about like always. Then it was time for them to go to bed and I fell asleep on the couch.

Friday: I thought maybe we'd get to sleep in a little today, but that didn't happen. Kaitlyn was up at about the usual time which got CJ up which meant I was up. Natalie was trying to make some oragami for Kaitlyn, but couldn't figure out how so we worked on it together. Then they had breakfast and I took a shower. We went to my hairdresser for 9:30 to get the girls hair cut. It's very cute. Both of them had quite a few inches taken off. We came home and CJ was napping. I checked my e-mail and then went to clean the bathroom and the rest of the house. I put on some music to help me move and apparently it was too loud for my landlord. He came up and asked me to turn it down. Ummm, seriously? This is a man who allows his children to stay up until midnight running around crazy making all sorts of noise shaking the whole house. A man who decides 11 at night is a good time to practice playing the piano and singing. My lease says no excessive noise after 9 p.m. it says nothing about noise during the day. Needless to say that ticked me off, but I did turn it down a little. I got the bulk of the cleaning done. Baked Kaitlyn's cake. Made the wings for pin the wings on Tinkerbell. Wrapped presents. Wrote a letter to Kaitlyn.

Saturday: Kaitlyn officially turned 7 at 2:10 this morning. Happy 7th birthday. Joe ended up having to work even though he asked for it off. So he was up at 7. He had decorated for me Friday night, but he did some final touches. Then we woke Kaitlyn up to give her one of her gifts. It was a dress for her to wear at her party. Joe's boss had given her $20 so Joe also handed that to her. She was more excited about the money. Joe left for work and I made scrambled eggs for the birthday girl. Made frosting and frosted and decorated the cake. Mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors and vacuumed. Showered and made PB&J sandwiches and peanut butter sandwiches. Did some last minute touches before the party began at noon. Kaitlyn had invited 7 friends and four showed up. Although the four were actually two families of siblings. That's okay because they were her best friends anyways. She had a nice party and received lots of nice gifts. After everyone left my mom called to wish Kaitlyn a happy birthday. I chatted with her for a little while and then I started cleaning up after the party mess. I made sauce for Kaitlyn's birthday dinner (lasagna). This is a joint effort between me and Joe. He puts the lasagna together and I make the sauce. We had to go to the store to get our Easter dinner stuff. We were unsure if we were having company so that's why we didn't purchase stuff sooner. We came home and cooked the lasagna. While that cooked we dyed Easter eggs. We ate dinner and had some more cake and then the kids went to bed. I worked on some prep for Easter dinner. And of course I had to put together Easter baskets.

Check out more Week In Review posts!

0 comments: