Saturday, April 11, 2009

Seven bits of Advice

My Dearest Kaitlyn,
On the eve of your 7th birthday I sit here with thoughts of everything that needs to be done to prepare for you party, of what I was doing 7 years ago today, how much you'll like your gifts, and just YOU.

It's hard for me to believe I ever survived without you. I am so grateful that I have been able to be your mother for the past seven years. And I am looking forward to many more years with you.

In the meantime I have some advice I'd like to share with you. Things that I think if you always remember will really help you go far in life.

I think what I love most about you is that you never give up. No matter how hard something might be for you you just keep trying. No complaints. I truly admire that about you. You aren't afraid to try. Never lose that about yourself. Always give 100%.

You are so loving and forgiving. Such a big heart. Always wanting to please. But be careful with that as you get older. You can't please everyone all the time and that's okay. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you.

You have always been a little outside of the box so to speak. Liking yellow instead of pink like most girls. Keep being an individual. Don't ever think that being you isn't good enough and that you have to be like someone else. Even if that someone else is your older sister.

All I will ever ask of you is that you try your hardest. As long as you do that you are golden.

You have a beautiful smile. So keep smiling. It will make others smile too.

Never think that you aren't good enough. You can do whatever you put your mind to. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

And most importantly always know that you can come to me with any questions or problems. I will always be there to help you figure something out.

I hope you have a great seventh birthday. I hope it is the best fairy tea party you ever have. HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY TO MY TINKERBELL LOVING SASSY LIFE LOVING LITTLE GIRL!

Love,
Mom

0 comments: